I finally finished Gretel. It actually didn't take too many knitting hours, but I could not seem to knit on it for more than an hour at a time because the yarn, Reynolds Candide, was very dense and hard to cable with. I suppose it might be a heavy worsted weight, and the pattern would benefit more from a light to medium worsted. Wrestling the cables became finger pilates. And, as is often the case with my finished hats, the brim is not tight enough. But it is very pretty, and I learned how to do a long tail tubular cast-on for a 2x2 rib and I figure any project that teaches you something new is a good project!